The use of CO2 as refrigerant is the green solution expected to rapidly replace F-gases. It is both very efficient, green and cheap, capable of overall better performances with energy saving up to 50%. And by the way, F-gases are already subject to limitations in the European Community, which caused a surge in prices for various types of Freon. This regulatory trend is expected to expand worldwide, in the most righteous attempt to curb global warming.
But when it comes to new trends, “green”, “cheap” and “efficient” are not the greatest features in CO2. What should interest most is its ability of making your ice cream perfect in texture and dryness. Tests confirm that all shapes and mixes are easy to be produced with Teknoice’s CO2 continuous freezers.
Some of the features and benefits of Teknofreeze™ CO2 include:
- vast range in production capacity of ice cream and sorbets: from 90 l/h up to 4000 l/h and more
- Best texture and quality of final product, thanks to its special dasher design
- Continuous supply for non-stop production
- production of ice-cream and sorbets even with fibers, small seeds, and inclusions up to 2 – 3 millimeters
- High freezing potential, enabling production of the newest veg and protein-rich ice cream recipes
Besides its CO2 series, the whole Teknofreeze™ range share the same high-end features regardless of refrigerant used: they are easy to install, need no special maintenance and come either with piston or lobe pumps – the latter allowing gentle handling of fibre and fine inclusions-for rich recipes.